My Life...Who needs it?

This is just a little insight into my life. I hope it gives you a giggle or whatever.

Monday, June 12, 2006

World Stage

I am sure there are millions of blogs that have some comment or another regarding the World Cup. Well, I am no exception. However, I am not going to bore any of you with why my team (England, by the way) is going to win this year. My biggest issue with the World Cup is the coverage. As I live in the United States, you can imagine all they human interest stories surrounding the United States National Team. Now, if this were not enough, Brett Musburger (I know I am spelling that name wrong) is now an announcer for World Cup on ABC. WHY WHY WHY???!!!! Like I don't have enough problems in my life, I need that piece of crap kissing the US soccer teams' ass?! He hardly knows anything about American football let along soccer. Does ABC hate me? Does ESPN not realize that their announcers have an obligation to report on ALL the teams? It is like watching tennis when John McEnroe is announcing and an American is playing. It doesn't matter if that American is playing Rafael Nadal on clay, John McEnroe is going to talk about how great that American is and why he should beat Nadal. Further, I find it a little difficult to understand the announcers for World Cup when they have their lips tightly pressed to Landon Donovon's ass. Other than that, I am enjoying the World Cup very much and am looking forward to being in England during the final two weeks. Hopefully, England will be in the final...all the better.

2 Comments:

Blogger _paul said...

sorry, I was moving so it took awhile to comment. Um, Nadel is pretty cool - remember when he wore capris to Wimbeldon? lol That really stirred up the hornets nest!

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

speaking of hornets, i saved a bumble-bumble from being trapped in my apartment after i got home from work. more to the point, though, annie, you need to relax. like i told you earlier today, at least they're showing all of the games. besides, you only need to deal with it for 7 more days because in one week two hours and nineteen minutes (more or less) we will be in manchester!!!!!

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home